Sunday, August 4, 2013

Living Alone (October 2010)

From October 15, 2010

This weekend marks the first week I have ever lived "alone" in my entire adult life, even though I am not really alone-- I have my five beautiful girls with me.  As soon as I left home as a young adult I was with someone else, and have been for far longer than I ever even lived at home.  This week marks my first week as independent.

What started out as a very stressful week, is smoothing into a week that is more than tolerable.  I blame the good company I keep for lifting my spirits and making this transition go as smoothly as possible.  They are those who are the wind beneath my wings.

I am often completely mystified as to how I ended up being the recipient of so much love and concern for my well-being.  I can't even begin to describe the emotions that are frequently running through my head -- In spite of all the pain I have felt over the years, I still feel incredibly lucky and incredibly blessed, and incredibly loved.  If this is a dream, don't wake me up. 

Me at 2 years

Me, 4th Grade

Me, thanks to Ellie who took this

OK, I think it is time for a new hairstyle... why is it that the only photos that exist of me all have the same style? I wore my hair so many different ways throughout the years-- everything from long to short, curly, braided, straight... oh well.  Don't wake me up anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment