Sunday, September 8, 2013

Gratitude 3 (November 2010)


From November 25, 2010

Today is Thanksgiving and even though it has been a very busy day, it has certainly been one of gratitude.  Surrounded by friends and family-- the people I love more than anything.  The day was even more special because it was Ellie's birthday and I remember so well the events of that day 11 years ago, when she was placed in my arms with a little pink hat, tightly bundled in blankets.  I used to tell her every time we drove by the hospital that it was the place where the doctors gave her her to me and let me take her home.
I am reminded of how much I have to be grateful for and how  much the people in my life mean to me.  I can't even begin to adequately express my appreciation for those who have made such a difference in my life.
 
Love is real, real is love,
Love is feeling, feeling love,
Love is wanting to be loved.
Love is touch, touch is love,
Love is reaching, reaching love,
Love is asking to be loved.
Love is you,
You and me,
Love is knowing,
We can be.
Love is free, free is love,
Love is living, living love,
Love is needing to be loved.

(John Lennon)
Ellie's 11th Birthday: This sums it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment