Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Raccoons & Anxiety (October 2010)


From October 28, 2010

I have psychological issues.  I've been in and out of the hospital so many times over the past twelve months that just about any new symptom sends me into automatic anxiety.  I try to reduce the clonazepam but as the anxiety symptoms develop within 24 hours, I have to take it again in order for the symptoms to subside -- some nights require tweaking it to a higher dose and some nights a lower dose.  I want to be off of the medication but don't seem to be very successful at quitting.

Tonight I took the girls to dance in Anacortes again.  They are supposed to be dancing five days a week at this point, with an optional sixth day on Saturday, but I am thinking this is going to cost too much in fuel.  At this rate it will cost me an entire tank of gas every week, rather than every two weeks as it did in Bozeman.  I am thinking maybe Rebekah should opt out of Modern (Monday class) and maybe they should opt out of the Saturday class (at least this week anyway, since it is also Halloween Trunk or Treat at the church).  I need to ask Ed to pitch in for gas as well, in addition to pitching in for their Christmas recital fees and registration fees, which will total $205.

While we were waiting for Anne and Rebekah to finish up at the dance studio, we spotted a raccoon that went under the vehicle parked next to us.  The raccoon sauntered over toward the studio, when it was joined by a second raccoon.  They walked across the studio front and into the street, when a third raccoon came running after them and they all wandered off across the street.  I haven't seen raccoons in a long, long time!  It was fun, and gave me something different to write about tonight.
 


Picture I found on the Internet


No comments:

Post a Comment