Sunday, July 28, 2013

10 Days (September 2010)

From September 27, 2010

In 10 days the U-Haul will be parked outside.  We are supposed to put more fragile items above the cab and then load the heaviest things first.  Makes sense except I don't know if I'll be done packing.  Guess I better pack the books first because we have a lot of them and they will be the heaviest. The guy who has been hired to drive the U-Haul says he wants to check the packing and make sure it is being done correctly.  Well good luck with that since several people will be "voluntarily" loading it for me.
Today's goal included finishing the Living Room, packing the Dining Room, sorting more crafts (fabrics and yarn, etc) from the Laundry/Craft Room, and working on the Family Room.  A good portion of this got completed -- just need some help on a couple things.  On top of the packing I had to get Karen to trumpet lessons, Jen to percussion lessons (their last lessons for a while), and Jen to ballet tonight.  

This is a critical year in dance for Karen and Elena and so it is my hope that we will be able to work something out with the local dance studio or that Ed will agree to pay for at least half of their dance classes or use some of their child support money when that kicks in -- either way it will end up coming from the same source.

Tomorrow morning the windshield will be repaired on the minivan and then I have to meet Ed at the courthouse to get the kinks out of the dissolution papers and send off the child support paperwork.

One day closer to putting the past behind and starting forward with a new life.  

Besides my concern of finding work as soon as possible to bring in some kind of money, I am a little concerned about Alex.  I haven't spoken to him in a while (this is how he seems to like it) but I know it must bother him at least a little that his siblings will be so far away and he won't have that immediate connection with them.  When I mentioned to Ed that Alex is free to visit whenever he wants, he adamantly refused (Ed refused, not Alex) saying he (Alex) won't have any money or way to get out there.  I told him he can take a bus -- I'll even pay for it if I can -- Ed still wouldn't listen.  It felt like he was using Alex as a tool and I wondered how much of this he had actually discussed with Alex.  I hope to have a chance to talk to Alex myself soon.

Even though Alex has been on his own for several years now (since just out of high school), and even though he has lived out of town for a while, I always miss him and care about him.  He is still my child and I'm still his mom, and like it or not, I'm always going to worry about him and want him to be around.  But that will have to be his decision, just as it always has been.

I will say that he seemed to really like the island when he was there for the family reunion in August.
     

Bozeman, MT

This is Black Street, early fall in Bozeman, where I wait for Jen to finish her perussion lessons. This street becomes completely golden every fall, as do all the others in town.  

Sad, but this is the only town the four youngest kids remember!!

No comments:

Post a Comment