Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Boldly Going (October 2010)

From October 8, 2010


Today we started our journey toward a new life on Whidbey Island.  Last night was a very long and difficult night, paving the way for a long and difficult drive.  The truck driver arrived at about 8 am this morning and took off with the truck and trailer, while I waited for the girls to finish getting ready.  We left at about 9:30 Montana time and arrived in Spokane at about 3:20 Washington time.... a seven hour drive.

Tomorrow we hope to arrive in Oak Harbor by 2 pm.  The truck driver is supposed to call when he gets to Seattle so some people can plan to help us unload the truck.  It will be a very interesting day and another stressful day, though hopefully less stressful than the last 24 hours have been.

Many things were left behind, including dance bags for the girls, the dog crates (left by accident), a good portion of the food and all the spices.  Going to have to start from scratch for many things.  Alex plans to rent a van and bring as much as he can on Monday.  He says he is going to drive all the way through in one day but I'd rather he not do that.  It is one thing to drive 13 hours and share the ride, but it is a whole other story to drive all that way by yourself.  But he is insisting and says I should just accept it.  I told him I'm a mom and as long as I'm his mom, I'm going to worry about him.

I hope tomorrow will be a good day.  I have high hopes.




Explaining to Shelby many, many years ago the distillation process of water: the breakup of the oxygen and hydrogen molecule and the hydrogen bonding process of opposite-charged particles, and the difference between water (H2O) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).

No comments:

Post a Comment