Sunday, July 28, 2013

RunAround (September 2010)

From September 23, 2010

I was feeling so sick and weak this morning that I finally called the doctor and asked if he could see me today, which he did.  
Surprise of surprises, he declared my symptoms were pharmacological and that the buspirone is the primary culprit.  I already started cutting this down myself two nights ago when I came to my own conclusion about the anti-depressant/anti-anxiety drug.

So now he has me on a withdrawal program for the buspirone  -- he feels the combination of the two drugs (buspirone and clonazepam) is probably responsible for the downward slide in my health, even though these are tolerated well by most people-- just not me.  I don't do well with drugs.

And then I will begin withdrawal from the clonazepam (which I had already begun on my own) -- the doctor still feels I may need this particular drug to get me through the next two weeks (until the move) and then some.  He also believes that things will improve once I am out of my current situation and with a good support system back in WA, and if not, seek out a doctor in the Seattle area to take up where he left off.

I hope he is right because this is making it extremely difficult to get anything done.  I am supposed to be taking it easy today, resting as necessary and taking miniature doses of the clonazepam if necessary...

I will be glad to get off the prescription merry-go-round.   Kind of reminds me of the Van Halen song Runaround:
   Here we go around (Round round round)
   Run, run, runaround, (Round round round round)
   Here we go around (Round round round)

Yep, that's me alright.  For the past year.  Ironically, my healthiest times were when I wasn't on any medications for anything.  My body made a decision without consulting my brain last year: no more.... no more of anything: no more stress, no more crap from anybody; no more pills of any kind whether over-the-counter or prescription; no runaround.  My body was just done


It's time to get off the runaround and into survival mode!


PART OF MY LIFELONG SUPPORT SYSTEM:


Me, my sisters, and a brother
Me with my sisters, 1990
Me with my sisters and mother, 2006

Me with my sisters, 2010

Me with my sisters, just having fun, Anacortes 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment