Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Friendship (July 2010)

From July 22, 2010

Seattle Monorail, 2006
I don't have much time to write tonight, so I'd just like to say a few words about friendship.

It is amazing the impact a friend can have on a person's life.  A smile, a simple phrase, or even a gesture can mean the difference between a bad day and a good day.  Friends fill the gap between family and acquaintances.  They are nonjudgemental because they know you and sometimes know you better than you know yourself.  They are uplifting because they know what brings you down or makes you sad and they know what lifts your spirits as well.  They watch out for you and sometimes even tell you things you don't want to hear because they care about you.

I have found that it doesn't take much for a friend to turn my entire day around.  All it takes is a nudge or a simple word to make me smile.  I hope that I can be as good a friend to those who have befriended me.  I care deeply for my friends -- many whom I have known most of my life, and some that I haven't known for very long.  I want them to know that I think the world of them, that they are always in my heart, and that I am deeply grateful and honored to be called their friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment