Sunday, July 28, 2013

RunAround 2 (September 2010)

From September 24, 2010

First it is an Oak Harbor house, then it is a Coupeville house.  So much chaos, so much confusion.  Trying to find a house while not being able to physically be there and make these decisions for myself... having to rely on others to make these decisions for me... a person could go insane just trying to sort it all out.  

I finally stopped worrying about it because there is nothing I can do anyway.  There are people looking out for me on Whidbey Island and I owe everything to their generosity.  Whatever happens is simply what I have to accept.  

Or maybe it is just the anti-depressant medication is kicking in.   :)   Either way, I have to laugh because I'm all out of worry.

In the meantime I keep packing and taking every day as it comes.  Someday I will look back at this and say "Remember how insane that first move to the island was?"

I had one friend tell me once, not long ago: 
Relying on old friends

"I'll get the wagons in a circle for you and your kids. Life is good...you've had a rough patch (although long) and now it's time for you to live!" 

And she is not the first friend to tell me this.  Time to trust my family and friends and lean on my support system.



No comments:

Post a Comment