Sunday, July 28, 2013

Leap of Faith (September 2010)

From September 29, 2010

OK I am going to take the advice of loved ones and jump forward with a leap of faith into this move.  I've got to quiet my brain and put my worries behind me, no matter what logic is telling me.
My kids need to know that they have a place in which to call home for the next couple of years and we all need to stop worrying and just concentrate on moving.  I will put forth new effort in order to avoid stressing myself out.

Dear Shelby, please don't worry so much about finding a job.  I will be looking too, and we can help each other out to the best of our abilities.  Take it from a stress-pro:  take a breather, have some faith, and let the rest fall into place... because it will.

Dear Marie, please don't worry about trying keeping your mother happy.  You are my peacemaker and my peacekeeper -- it is a calling you've had since birth.  You always want things to go so smoothly and with your strength, they will.  But remember to concentrate on your own studies as well.  Have faith, and the rest will fall into place.

Dear Rebekah, you are my golden child -- please don't be so sad about leaving your friends behind and about leaving band.  I will see to it that you can continue dancing and continue your music -- now we will have a music room where you can actually set up your instruments!!  Maybe one day you will finally have that Marimba!  Have faith, and let the rest fall into place.

Dear Anne, you are my tough-as-nails girl.  You are headstrong and have great potential to do so much good.  I have no doubt you will make a positive impact on this world.  In the meantime, I'm going to trust you to keep the troops fed at home (sorry) and trust you to do your homework every day so that you don't get behind.  Have faith, and the rest will fall into place.

My dear little Ellie, I am so sorry that you were not able to participate in all the dance auditions for this winter.  But I hope you also know there will be many other auditions ahead of you that include lead parts just like the one you are leaving behind.  Perhaps you will have a chance for something you never dreamed you'd be able to do!!  I need you to have faith especially because you are so close to me.  Don't worry -- you will make new friends and still keep the old ones!  They will always be your friends.  Have faith little angel, and the rest will fall into place.

Alex, you are not coming with us but I hope you know that you are forever welcome wherever we live, and at any time.  Your sisters are going to miss you and I will miss you as well.  But at the same time, I know you are doing what you want to do because it is your decision and I respect that.  I know the blood that runs in your veins and understand more than you realize.  You need to have faith too -- not just in me, but in yourself.

So whether we're in the same town or not, we're all doing something we've never done before.  We're starting a new chapter in our lives and we're doing it together.  I'm taking a leap of faith and breathing a little easier.  I'm not going to worry about it any more because I truly feel things will work out.

...and everything else will fall into place.


Rebekah and her Goofy Percussion Pals, Jan. 2010

My Nutcracker Ballet girls, 2007

Alex, always the clown

And a bunch of pictures of Shelby, just to make her smile!
These are from the "Stolen Hat Era"

Borrowing one hat...

...and borrowing another hat...

And if there is no hat to borrow... 
...She will find something else!

The girl who loves to make people smile!

These are my kids.... and I love them.  They are my life, my reason for doing the things I do.  They keep me going when I am down, and bring me back up to sanity again and again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment